Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ahhhh....Summer!


I have always loved the summer.

Vacations, swimming pools, baseball, the beach, camping, and all the activities. Most of the great memories I have occurred during the summer.

Until now.

Saturday, after spending the better part of the morning and early afternoon in the backyard cleaning and power washing the barbecue grill I was hot and sweaty. The pool looked extremely inviting, and Olivia (age 3), my granddaughter, was encouraging me to join her and Nana in the pool.

I already had my swimsuit on so I thought I would enjoy a refreshing plunge. As Olivia, stood by the edge waiting for me, I removed my shirt.

Olivia stared wide-eyed at my chest and then declared,

"Papa! You have BREASTS!"
She yelled this loud enough, I am quite sure, for the entire neighborhood to hear.

I am hitting the gym today.

5 comments:

Bill said...

Funniest post ever? Pretty close.

Erin said...

Ha!

Aileen (aka TIA) said...

whhaaa haaa. maybe they should sell man bras? hehe

Jeff Olson said...

Yeah...they are called "Bros" (remember the Seinfeld episode?)

Britton said...

HA ha...(annoying boy from simpson's laugh)